Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Only Ties to Africa | New Blog Design

The task has begun. Or rather, it began around 3 days ago when I acquired a film and slide Scanner (Arcsoft OVT)so that I could finally realize my dream of digitalizing my Dad's precious Africa slides. As mentioned in the previous post, my Dad's stay in Africa was through the University of Natal in Pietermaritzberg but encompassed nearly all of the South and some of the North (including Egypt). Here is but a taste of the wonders to come and trust me, they will come...hopefully in the form of a website dedicated to the collection which at times can be almost dream like!



I'm leaving the captions off these for now--to avoid rambling--but also so that the viewer might just enjoy the aesthetic quality of the unknown. Blah blah...

New Blog Design
I know that I just updated my layout some 6 or 7 posts ago, but after seeing Bobbi Brown's new Nude collection, my current color fascinations came to me alive and complete before my eyes and I was wont to resist.



This incredible manifestation of everything I hold dear to my rods and cones is quite pricey, but my experience with Bobbi Brown (we actually go way back, to a time in 7th grade when I was boredly rummaging through the used section of Powell's Bookstore in Portland and stumbled upon a Bobbi Brown makeup artistry book...the title evades me now)has been nothing but excellent. I've loved the quality of her gel eyeliners (voted best eyeliner by countless magazines for countless years in a row) and after a helpful consultation with Bobbi's online makeup artist assistant, I might just splurge for her new Caviar Ink shade. Might.

No comments: