Monday, June 22, 2009

Cream Colored Ponies

My iPod has been sitting in one of my many handbags for weeks now; neglected, scratched up, battery drained. Part of it is probably just my preferance for the sound quality of CDs and also, it's summer (though judging by the overcast skies and rain, I could be wrong)...I can't be bothered with technology and updating my iTunes. On top of this, my Leeroy Jenkins iPod skin gives me mild headaches when I look at it and I've come to the conclusion that even music must be aesthetic for me. With that said, a new skin is in order! These ones have been customized with my artwork...favorites, anyone?


"American Passage"



"Tarts"



"Hummingbird"



Okay, I didn't do this one...but it's potentially my favorite painting in the entire world. And to think, I first saw it in an issue of Veranda...
"Nature Mort Aux Oranges" - Vincent Van Gogh



Browsing Molly Young's website full of insightful and witty comments about...anything, I happend upon this delightful yellow lounge from the Metropolitan Museum in New York. I wish I knew more about it.




Bob Willoughby--photographer of the cinema, whoes work was "literally never out of print for one week during his 20 year career in films"--has a flickr photostream up of his Audrey Hepburn shots.


Here she is getting into some big beautiful American beast.

No comments: